According to Ayurveda the nervous system can be come disturbed by:
1. Nervous habits like biting your nails, chewing gum all the times.
2. Emotional insecurity especially starting in childhood. Parents yelling at kids or intensely talking to them with emotional confusion.
3. Sexual addiction behavior
4. Intake of ice drinks especially right before eating.
5. Excessive Exercise.
6. Eating fast foods especially in the car while driving.
7. Constant exposure to very cold weather.
8. Delayed eating times and erratic schedules.
9. Going to bed too late like 11:00-12:00 pm.
10. Staying indoors too much and not getting enough natural light or living in dark places, like Washington State in the US.
11. Wearing black, and other dark colors all the time.
Here are the top 11 reasons the nervous system can become disturbed just in the everyday course of living.
Please note this list does not include, for example, commuting more than 30 minutes to and from work. Not to mention accidents, financial trouble, relationship struggles and more.
Ayurveda teaches that, as common knowledge tells us, that the nervous system runs the body. That it is electrical, as in electricity running down the pathway of the nerve tissue. So we have two things to think about when we want to feel more relaxed and have healthier nerves. One, how fast is the electricity flowing down the nerve tissue and two, how healthy is the nerve tissue.
Here are some signs of imbalances in the nervous system, dry skin,lips,eyes joints colon and constipation. Have you had any dizziness lately this is another symptom of nervous system imbalance.
Have you felt confused, ungrounded or plagued by anxiety? Yet another set of problems directly related to nervous system imblances, and not immediately think of going to the doctors to complain about.
These are just the acceptable symptoms that most of us will put up with before we go for a doctors appointment.
Here are some serious disorders that can develop from these eleven causes or behaviors: Hernia, emphysema Loss of taste, tingling and numbness and general body aches and even osteoporosis.
What to do? After you ask yourself how many of these eleven causes do I see in my daily life?
First things first, stop doing the identified behaviors. Second, yoga, meditation, eating on time and going to bed on time are your best self-care moves. These are the words of the Ayurveda teachers since the ancient times.
You can go here and sign up for my online class and learn more about the plant-based diets and lifestyle practices that will give you a deep sleep and an energizing alert day.